Difference between Inquiry and Investigation
- INQUIRY –
- Inquiry is a process which is brought in motion for the purpose of clearing a doubt, enhancing knowledge or finding a solution to a problem
- An inquiry shall be conducted by a Magistrate or Court.
- The object of an Inquiry is to determine the truth.
- An Inquiry is a Judicial proceeding.
- INVESTIGATION –
- Investigation is a formal process to get to facts and truth.
- Investigation is conducted by a Police Officer or any person other than a Magistrate or Court.
- The main object of an investigation is the collection of evidence.
- An Investigation is an executive proceeding.
(Visited 7,804 times, 21 visits today)