Las Vegas Shooting: President Trump pledges $1 million to Las Vegas law enforcement after the mass gun attacks

Las Vegas Shooting: President Trump pledges $1 million to Las Vegas law enforcement after the mass gun attacks

WASHINGTON– Donald Trump and aides on Wednesday said that the federal government would give $1 million to Las Vegas police to help offset overtime costs related to the investigation of the mass gun attacks earlier this month.

“Happy to announce we are awarding $1M to Las Vegas – in order to help local law enforcement working OT to respond to last Sunday’s tragedy,” Trump said on Twitter.

The Justice Department given in a written statement stated, the money would come from emergency response funds within the Bureau of Justice Assistance.

The funds “recognize and appreciate the hard work and dedication of law enforcement officers throughout Las Vegas and the State of Nevada, who worked non stop in the wake of the tragic shooting last week,” said the Department of Justice.

The department said it is “continuing to work with Las Vegas officials to address law enforcement and public safety costs related to this tragedy.”

The gun attacks on country music concert killed 58 people and wounded more than 500 others.

Since the Oct. 1 incident, in remarks at the White House as well as during a visit to Las Vegas, President Trump has repeatedly praised and applauded the efforts of the police and other first responders, saying more people would have lost their lives without their action.

“We also continue to pray for those grieving and wounded after the mass shooting attack in Las Vegas,” Trump said at the White House on Wednesday.

(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)