Legal GK: 20 Major Facts about Textile Minister Smriti Irani
- When was smriti Irani Born?
- Smt Smriti Irani is a
- In which year did Smriti Irani join BJP?
- Recently, who inaugurated India International Silk Fair in New Delhi?
- Which minister wants father’s name optional in caste certificates
Smt.Smriti Zubin Irani
- Who is appointed as the chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia, a public central university located in Delhi?
Smt Smriti Irani
7. What ministry Irani was Assigned when designated as a minister?
Ministry of Human Resource Development
- To which ministry Smt Smriti Irani belongs at present?
Ministry of Textiles
- To which party Smt Smriti Irani belongs?
- Smriti Irani announced to start new yoga departments in _______new universities in June 2016.
- Smt Smriti Irani is a politician and an______________as well.
- Shows casted by Smriti Irani:
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
- Major Awards:
Indian Television Academy Awards in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2010 ;
Indian Telly Awards 2002, 2003, 2007,
- In which year Irani was appointed the National Secretary of BJP?
- To which political group did Irani belong since her childhood?
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) from childhood.
- Modi-Irani conflict:
In December 2004, Smriti Irani blamed the then Gujarat Chief Minister, Mr. Narendra Damodar Das Modi for BJP’s electoral losses. She further threatened to fast unto death until his resignation.
- In June 2010, she was elected for which post?
All India President of the BJP’s women’s wing, BJP Mahila Morcha.
- Irani and elections of 2014:
Irani contested the 2014 general elections lost against Rahul Gandhi in Amethi constituency (Uttar Pradesh) by 1,07,923 votes, a 12.32% margin.
- Smiriti and the Court:
Irani has been accused of misrepresenting her educational qualifications. Conflicting affidavits were allegedly submitted by her while filing for different elections.
- The degree Case:
Mr. Ahmer Khan filed a complaint in April 2015 on ground of differences in Smriti Irani’s degree.
Smriti Irani filed an affidavit in April 2004 for the Lok Sabha elections. It stated that she has completed her BA in 1996 from Delhi University.
Later, in another affidavit of April 16, 2014.It was stated that she has a degree of Bachelor of Commerce Part-I from the School of Open Learning, DU.