- UN Working Group on an arbitrary detention concluded that Iran was illegally detaining the father son without any valid reason.
- The panel included five experts on international humanitarian law who opined that Iran, “immediately and accord them an enforceable right to compensate and other reparations, in accordance with international laws.”
- The UN panel also stated that the deprivation of liberty and violation of Universal declaration of Human Law and the international Covenant on Civil and Political Rights is taking place in Iran.
- Jared Genser was the lawyer of detained Baquer and Siamak Namazi.
- The opinion in August further added that “it is time for Iran to resolve these cases and allow the Namazis to be reunited with their family.”
- The opinion has surely exerted pressure upon to Iran to release Baquer and Siamak Namazi.
- In 2016, they both were sentenced 10 years in prison following conviction on charges that they spied and cooperated with the US.
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)