The district courts of Delhi were in for a surprise check from its Delhi High Court judges on Thursday.
Six judges headed out in six different autos to six different district courts to get a first-hand experience of the working of these courts, while also checking on the punctuality and discipline of the judicial officers there.
- Acting Chief Justice Gita Mittal – visited Patiala House court complex
- Justice Ravindra Bhat – visited Tis Hazari complex
- Justice S Muralidhar – visited Saket courts
- Justice Sanjiv Khanna – visited Rohini courts
- Justice Vipin Sanghi – visited Dwarka courts and
- Justice GS Sistani – visited Karkardooma courts
Based on their visits, these judges will prepare their reports. Their brief was to check and assess the courtrooms’ atmosphere, punctuality of the judicial officers, and the availability/usability of basic amenities in these court complexes.
On submission of their reports, necessary deliberations and appropriate administrative actions could be taken while the errant judicial officers could also be made to face the music.